Saturday, January 3, 2009

Put Down "7"

Last night we were on our annual pilgrimage to see Santa at the Mall of Georgia. That's where the REAL Santa is. We left right after school so my 4th grader was doing his homework in the car. Kristie and I were helping him with some of his math . . . something she's much better suited for than me. On one problem in particular, Kristie and I were disagreeing over how to arrive at the proper answer. Kerwin, our 4th grader was growing impatient. Finally he said, "I'll just put down SEVEN!" It was so spontaneous and so far from correct, that we both started laughing out loud. He was laughing too. Finally we asked him why seven? "Because SEVEN is my lucky number, so it might be right."

Then on the way home we had just crossed back into South Carolina, over Hartwell Lake. About that time Kerwin asked where we are. I told him that we'd just crossed back into SC. He said, "Oh, was that the Mississippi river?" He was very serious. Katie our 2nd grader replied in a real snooty tone, "Kerwin, that's NOT the Mississippi River. We're still in the United States.

These, my friends are prime examples of kids say the darndest things!

No comments:

Post a Comment